Fighting The Battle

Fighting The Battle

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HOLDING. . .


Joey did not end up getting released from the hospital today. It is sounding like it will be tomorrow now. The paperwork and proper authorizations did not get completed, so Joey is staying tonight, and will be getting released tomorrow. In addition, Joey will need a new smaller pump for his amputated leg. The new pump will continue to drain the fluids. The new pump did not come in today. Wound care will be bringing the new pump in tomorrow.

Everyone is hopeful that he will be getting discharged around noon tomorrow. The news was a little disheartening, but the front doors are getting closer and closer. . . the end is in sight. . .and Joey is ready for the next step!!!

One more night Joey. . .one more night. . .

Post Time 11:00PM

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes only a few hours seem like an eternity. That is how I am feeling tonight. I can't wait for tomorrow morning. I love you so much and can't wait to have you home again. It's just not the same without you. You make our house a home. You really are doing a great job and I believe you have your head in the right place and will be progressing at an even faster pace, if that's even possible, when you get home. I love you so much!
    Aunt Crysi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey I am so excited to hear you get to go home! I just got back into town and would love to come see you! Bring you that pic that I promised! I love you Joey and I am so thankful for you and the blessing you are in so many people's lives! Stay strong through this change, in the end it will be a blessing for you as well!
    Love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joey, we are so excited for you! Where will you be staying? We hope to come up and visit you in about two weeks. We love ya!

    ReplyDelete